This is the perfect mix of roasted nuts to sprinkle on your salad. And when I´m in a hurry I often eat them just as they are as a quick snack.
- 250 gram of mixed nuts and seeds sucha as almonds, pimpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- 1tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Japanese soy
- Sunflower oil or olive oil
- Baking paper
- Turn on the oven to 175 degrees.
- Mix the nuts and seeds you like. I use almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. But of course you can change or add as you like.
- Put them in a large frying pan on low heat.
- Add small amount olive oil and around 4 tbsp Japanese soy and mix well. Leave in the pan for 5-7 mins. Makes sure you turn them around often.
- Add cayenne pepper and cumin in the end and leave for another minute.
- Then place the nuts on a baking tray with baking paper in the bottom. Leave in the oven for 10-12 mins. When ready the roasted nuts should be a little bit golden and dry. The spices and soy sauce should be absorbed. Let the roasted nuts cool off, then store in a glass jar or plastic bag if you’re bringing it with you.