A quinoa salad is a great substitute for rice, potatoes and pasta. And except for beeing delicious it´s high in protein too. This is my favorite quinoa salad recipe.
Recipe for 4 persons
- 2 dl red or black quinoa
- 5 dl water
- 1 dl chopped red onion
- 2 dl finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (from 1 large bunch)
- 2 tomatoes chopped finely
- 0,5 dl olive oil
- 0,5 dl lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine tomatoes, onion and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Let the quinoa get cold, add it to the serving bowl, and drizzle the dressing on top. Toss thorougly. Season with black pepper and salt if needed. Let the salad rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve your quinoa salas chilled or at room temperature. If you´ll have any leftovers, keep in the refrigirator for max 2-3 days. Longer if you replace the tomatoes with something else.
- Serve with grilled halloumi, chicken, salmon or just enjoy it as it is