First time I tried these pancakes it brought sweet memories from Thailand back to life! I usually ate them in the evening overlooking the sea and sunset. Cooked by a old woman on a moped with a big griddle!
This is the easiest and healthiest pancakes ever. You only need 2 ingredients! Other benefits is that they’re high protein, low fat, no sugar and toddler-friendly!
- 1 medium ripe banan
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut zest
- Fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries or raspberries)
- Peel and mash the banana. Cut it into big pieces in a bowl. Use a dinner fork to thoroughly mad it until the banana has a pudding-like consistency and no big lumps.
- If you want to, add some of the extras above. But honestly they’re best natural in my opinion.
- Stir in the eggs: whisk the eggs together until the yolks and whites are completely combined. Mix with the bananas and stir until combined.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Melt a little butter or coconut oil in the pan to prevent sticking and burning.
- 2 tbsp are roughly one pancake. Flip with a spatula when the are golden. It’ll take around 1 minute per side.
- Serve immediately. These pancakes are best when eaten fresh of the pan and still warm! Serve with fresh berries!